How the ingestion of rodenticides can affect my child

It is important to know the components and the amount of poison ingested. The damage that can affect a person’s body will always be measured by the amount ingested, the chemical substance and the person’s complexion.

Most likely, vomiting will have to be induced to expel the toxic substance. However, this fact must be corroborated to a great extent, since vomiting for many poisonings is contraindicated.

Its ingestion is a very serious fact, since if the child has taken rodenticide with anticoagulant, it could suffer bleeding that is externalized with vomiting, urine, bleeding from the nose and reaching the gastrointestinal and cerebral system.

If your compound was Thallium, symptoms are manifested with abdominal pain, vomiting, diarrhea, shortness of breath, and fainting spells. With Zinc Phosphide the symptoms are similar, with a great headache, a lot of coughing and a characteristic garlic breath.

Tips to prevent future accidents

As a great security measure, these poisons should not be placed in places where children can reach them . The places where these must be stored must be difficult to access, be it a glass jar or in a very high place. Children should not mistake them for a food.

It is important to make sure that the house does not have easy access for these rodents. You have to cover any access from outside the house and keep the home clean and tidy. If you want to know more tips on cleaning.

Leave a Reply